Official Government Website

Supervision Information / Forms

Sample Supervision Log 

LPC EXCEL Worksheet for Supervised hours

LPC Evaluation and Verification of Supervised Experience Form

LCPC Evaluation and Verification of Supervised Experience Form

MFT Evaluation and Verification of Supervised Experience Form

Q: What information should be on a Consent Form?
A: Please review the Informed Consent Guidelines.

Q: Will the Board issue a temporary license?
A: No. Temporary licenses are not issued.

Q: If I need more courses what should I do?
A: Determine which curriculum areas you need additional courses to fulfill and then you can determine which educational institution you want to attend.  The rule requires the institution to be accredited:  Rule 150.01.

Several Idaho educational institutions offer curriculum in counseling, in marriage and family therapy, and in mental health.

You may also wish to research online and distance education programs, remembering to ascertain that they are accredited consistent with the Idaho’s laws and rules.

Q: Will the Board pre-approve my courses before I apply for licensure?
A:  No, the Board does not pre-approve coursework for licensure and will not review the course syllabi until a completed application including fees, official transcripts showing conferral of a degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy, or a closely related field, 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits, and official passing score from the National Counselor Exam (NCE) sent directly from the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) to our office.

Some Graduate/Master’s counseling programs do not have CACREP (Council on Accreditation for Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accreditation, however a degree from one of these universities in fields without that accreditation does not necessarily mean you cannot be licensed. If you have earned a degree from a non-CACREP Accredited counseling graduate/master’s program, you must provide our office with the syllabus for each course in your program. The board will review the coursework to confirm that it meets the standards adopted and set forth by the Board.

Once all requirements have been met, then a Board Designee will review what you submitted to make a determination.

Please read through Rule 150.01(b)i-ix of Idaho Administrative Code IDAPA 24.15.01 for information regarding coursework requirements for licensure. If each course syllabus meets the requirements set forth in those eight areas of counseling education as well as an advanced counseling practicum, it may be acceptable to the Board, but they will still need to approve the coursework by reviewing each syllabus. 

ver: 3.5.2a | last updated: