Persons who perform electrical work without a required state-issued license or who violate other applicable codes or rules are subject to civil penalties.
- Electrical Apprentice Application
- Electrical Journeyman Application
- Electrical Contractor Application
- Electrical Master Application
- Electrical Provisional Journeyman Application
- Limited Electrical Trainee Application
- Limited Installer Application
- Limited Contractor Application
- Release of Information for Contractor Licenses
- Inactive Request Form
All licenses can be renewed online by going to our Trades Renewal page.
If you have questions, please contact TradeLicensing@dopl.idaho.gov or 208-334-3233.
For your license to remain valid, it must be renewed before the expiration date each year. You cannot practice on an expired license.
Active members of the military may be eligible for a waiver of renewal fees and other renewal requirements; see Idaho Code 67-2602A.
Please note: If you fail to renew your license before its expiration date a reinstatement fee will be required by Idaho Code 67-2614 and cannot be waived. In addition, you may be required to submit continuing education or other required documentation prior to the reinstatement of your license. Licenses that have not been renewed after 5 years will be terminated and a new application and fees will need to be submitted for Board review.
Duplicate Card Fee
Initial License Fee (after passing exam)
Revival Fee (Late Renewal)