To apply online click the following link: Apply Online (Guides only) An outfitter would need to set up the guide online.
New guide applications started online that are not completed and paid for within 72 hours will be automatically deleted. The new guide online application will have to be started over.
2. Current First Aid
American Red Cross First Aid class is the baseline class for the First Aid requirement.
Any other classes need to cover the same topics and be at least 2 hours long, whether online or in person.
Topics covered must include:
Before Giving Care and Checking an Injured/Ill Person:
- Recognize an emergency
- Prioritize care for injuries and sudden illnesses
- Good Samaritan laws
- Identify the difference between (expressed) consent and implied consent
- Identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission when giving care
- Explain how to activate and work with the emergency medical services (EMS) system
- Explain when to move an injured or ill person from a dangerous scene
- Explain how to check a conscious person for life-threatening and non-life-threatening conditions
- Identify the signals of shock
- Describe how to minimize the effects of shock
- Demonstrate how to check an unconscious person for life-threatening conditions
First Aid Skills:
- Identify the signals of common sudden illnesses
- Describe how to care for common sudden illnesses
- Describe how to care for someone who is having a seizure
- Identify the signals of heat-related illnesses and cold-related emergencies
- Describe how to care for heat-related illnesses and cold-related emergencies
- Explain how to care for head, neck and spinal injuries
- Identify signals of various soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries
- Describe how to care for various soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries
- Explain how to care for muscle, bone or joint injuries
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding.
- Identify signals of head, neck and spinal injuries
Other First Aid classes are accepted as long as they can be certified by the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the equivalent as approved by the Board
All EMT and higher certifications are accepted.
- Training Log (OG-11) (River Guide License Only)
- Certified Hunting Guide Training Form (OG-15) (Hunters)
- Guide Amendment Request OG 9.1