You may download Applications and Forms for this Board from the links provided below or they may be obtained by contacting the Division.
- RCA Provisional Administrator License Application
- RCA Administrator License Application for Nursing Home Admin
- RCA Administrator License Application
- Inquiry on Impact of Conviction Form Updated
- Criminal Conviction Disclosure Form
- CE Provider Application
Licensure Application Process
Idaho law requires the licensure of all persons who practice or offer to practice as a residential care facility administrator in the State of Idaho.
The board will admit those applicants to the examination for licensure who:
– submit the required application and pay the required fee; and
– submit evidence of good moral character by providing a criminal background report obtained by either the Idaho State Police, Bureau of Criminal Identification or the Idaho Department of Health & Welfare, Criminal History Unit; and
– are at least 21 years old; and
– submit evidence satisfactory to the board of successfully completing a specialized course or a program of study in the area of residential care facility administration through the Idaho Health Care Association or through Easyceu.com as required by the rules of the board; and
– submit evidence satisfactory to the board of having met one (1) of the combinations of education and experience as provided in Idaho Code 54-4206.
Once all documentation is received notification of your admission to the examination for licensure will be sent. You may choose to take one of the following Board approved exams:
The Board may also issue a provisional permit to an applicant in order to fill an administrator vacancy on an emergency basis. Only applicants who meet ALL of the requirements for licensure, but have not taken the examination are eligible for a provisional permit. Only one Provisional Permit may be issued to each applicant. A Provisional Permit is valid for a single three-month period only.
If you have questions, please contact the Division at (208) 334-3233 or email@example.com.
Please complete your renewal application and payment of fees through the ONLINE RENEWAL system. There are no additional fees for this service. Documents, if required, may be uploaded when you renew. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-334-3233.
If you have not yet met the continuing education requirement, do not submit a renewal indicating that you have. Submitting a fraudulent application for licensure is grounds for discipline against your license.
For your license to remain valid, it must be renewed before the expiration date each year. Remember that you must have an active license to practice in the state of Idaho.
As a courtesy, license renewal reminders are mailed to your mailing address of record approximately six (6) weeks before the license expiration date. If you do not receive a renewal notice, you can still renew online and update your address if needed. You are responsible to timely renew your license whether you receive a renewal notice or not.
Please note: If you fail to renew your license before its expiration date a reinstatement fee will be required by Idaho Code 67-2614 and cannot be waived. In addition, you may be required to submit continuing education or other required documentation prior to the reinstatement of your license.
Q: I have let my license lapse, what must I do to activate that license?
A: A license that has been lapsed less than five years may be reinstated upon submission of a renewal application together with the payment of renewal fees, a license re-instatement fee, and proof of completion of continuing education as required in the rules. If a license has lapsed for more than five years, a new application for licensure is required.
RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR
LICENSE RENEWAL 150.00
REINSTATEMENT PENALTY 35.00
DUPLICATE LICENSE FEE 10.00
CERTIFICATION FEE 10.00
APPLICATION FEE 150.00