Official Government Website

Welcome to the Board of Social Work Examiners

New Licensing System will go live on July 1st 2024. See details here.

In accordance with House Bill 767, the IDAPA Rule changes for this Board will become effective on July 1, 2024.  You can learn more about the Rule changes by visiting

Please contact us with any questions via email or phone (208) 334-3233.

The Social Work Census is now live! The Census is an online survey that will build the most inclusive picture to date of who today’s social workers are and what we are doing in our practice. It has two parts: a robust workforce study of the social work profession and an analysis of social work practice to be used in developing competence assessments for social work licensing. You’ll answer questions about who you are and rate the importance of a series of knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to practice social work. The deadline to participate is May 31st so don’t delay!

Additional Board Information

NamePositionExpirationOriginal Appointment
Lynnet Renee KaseLSWJuly 1, 2025January 12, 2011
April ChristensonPublic MemberJuly 1, 2024September 3, 2019
Jeri PerkinsLMSWJuly 1, 2024December 23, 2019
Alejandro ZamoraLCSW July 1, 2024December 23, 2019
Brandi S WarnkeLCSWJuly 1, 2027May 2, 2023
Greg L UllmannLSWJuly 1, 2028November 9, 2023

Related Links:

What does a regulatory Board do?

How to Become a Board Member?

Click here to visit.

To make an online disciplinary actions payment, please click here.

Q: Am I required to get a license in Idaho?

A: Please refer to Idaho Code 54-3214.

Q: Do I have to take an exam if I hold a current social work license in another state?

A: Yes. Please refer to Rule 350

Q: Can I apply for licensure with a degree in a related field that is similar to a social work degree?

A: No, you must have a degree in social work from an accredited social work program. Please refer to Idaho Code 54-3206.

Q: I just graduated from school or will be graduating at the end of the current semester. What do I need to do to sit for the examination and obtain my license?
A: You must submit a complete application to this office along with the required documentation and fee(s)before you are eligible to sit for the ASWB national exam. When you have been approved to sit for the exam, an approval letter will be sent that provides you with instructions for exam registration. Your license will be issued once you have passed the exam and our office has received your official exam score and official transcript with degree posted.

Q: Does Idaho have temporary licenses? 
A: No. Licensure as a social worker is available through either endorsement or examination.

The following list includes web page links or other information regarding professional, educational, and governmental entities that may be of interest.

Idaho  Chapter – National Association of Social Workers

National Association of Social Workers(NASW)

Association of Social Work Boards

Idaho Society for Clinical Social Work

The license/registration issued to you by the Division is public proof that you are entitled to pursue certain activities regulated by Idaho Law.  If your license/registration becomes lost or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement from the Division.  A replacement may also be requested if you have changed your name or address and wish to receive a license/registration bearing the updated information.  

You may complete the Application for Duplicate License form online, print it out and sign it, and send it with the fee required by Idaho law to the Division.  Your application will not be processed unless the fee is received with the application.   A replacement card will be sent to the mailing address.

ver: 3.5.2a | last updated: